Monday, February 22, 2010

Sayonara

You would not believe how much fabric I have! I am a hoarder of pretty material and it's time to sort it out. I have pulled out a few nearly finished pieces to get done and I am also planning how I can use up some of the rest of the fabric.

Despite the fact that I tend to prefer to buy tops when I go shopping my sewing tastes appear to be more about bottoms. Skirts are my BIG thing right now. Not just because they are easy but because my wardrobe has a lack of them.

Why the title of this post? I have an idea which I am part way through to make a sort of japanese influenced wrap made in heavy red satin. This has been a learning curve for me. It is the first time I have tried pattern making. I'll be honest and tell you it isn't working out quite as I imagined but it will definately be different!

Luckily for me I had this material in my stash so I haven't had to spend more money.


No comments:

Post a Comment